Moving House: How To Avoid Panic Stations
The stamp duty holiday has seen people scrambling to get their deals done which means moving house has been extra stressful for some of us.
It is not surprising that we have been pushing to agree sales and get paperwork done. Under this tax break, you can buy a house worth up to £500,000 effectively tax free up until June 30th.
You will need removal vans for when you are ready to move, but how soon should you be booking one to avoid panic stations?
The answer is that later isn’t better so you should book one in advance, ideally as soon as you have a moving date.
This gives you time to prepare and pack. And you need to work out what you’re taking to your new house and what you’re getting rid of.
But you should also:
- Make a contingency plan should an exchange fall through.
- Bear in mind that Fridays can sometimes be busier than other weekdays for firms.
- Avoid leaving all your packing until the last minute. CBS Removals can help with packing if needed.
- Have a sensible packing strategy so you know what it is in your boxes.
- Pack an ‘essentials box’ for the last day at your old home and the first in your new one.
And CBS Removals is on hand to help you if you are moving house in the coming months.
We carry out surveys prior to all our jobs. And we work with our customers from beginning to end to ensure the move goes smoothly.
Contact us via our website using the Quote Me button, call on us on 01480 220434 or email us on email@example.com.
Once the move is complete, it will be time to enjoy the new home gifts that you’ve received.